Re: [OM] Different versions of Zuiko Macro lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Different versions of Zuiko Macro lenses
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 10:21:35 -0700
Oben said,

Also I wonder if the American brochures show the macro lenses with the feet
scale in orange lettering. The Australian version has the lens pictured with
the white metric scale. Another variation that collectors need to take into
account.

The brochures must have greater differences that you would imagine. Neither the system brochure nor the OM4T brochure I have show the lenses large enough to see the color of the scales. In addition most of the lens shots are of the front at a small angle so that not much of the barrel is shown and the distance scale on the macros are hidden behind the rubber focus ring.

The version of the OM System Handbook I have shows the 50/3.5 with a white scale. At the time of its publication there was no 90/2 or 50/2 yet.

Winsor
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California