Re: [OM] Everyone's Film of Choice

Subject: Re: [OM] Everyone's Film of Choice
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 09:21:33 -0700 (PDT)
Regarding T400CN, it is my understanding that Kodak is
discontinuing this film too.  The mask is a bear to
print through in the darkroom.  It slows the printing
exposures so much that you enter reciprocity failure
land.

For a 400 speed B&W film T400CN is absolutely awesome
in the grainless department and also in extremely wide
exposure latitude.  However, that same exposure
latitude drives you bonkers in the darkroom as you
cannot get clean, solid blacks.

For slide film, I'm a big fan of Fuji Provia-F (100).
Gradients are creamy smooth and expanses of sky are
completely sans-film texture.

However, for my vacation last week I exclusively shot
Fuji Velvia and TMAX-100 in the OMs.  Long Live
Velvia!

Ken N.