Re: [OM] Everyone's Film of Choice

Subject: Re: [OM] Everyone's Film of Choice
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 17:03:04 +0100
I use Fuji films as a rule, mainly because I think green is a nicer
colour for packaging than orange.  Sensia II 100 was one of the first
films I ever used and I've stuck with it.  Keep meaning to try Velvia,
but it's always that little bit more than I feel like spending.
However, Fuji have an offer in the UK at the moment - 3 rolls of Velvia
or Provia for 20 pounds including processing, so I think I'll try some.

Print film - no preference whatsoever, I buy whatever's cheapest at 200
speed.  Unless it's for astrophotography or low-light stuff, in which
case I like Superia 800, or if I want colossal grain, HG1600.  And I go
for Ilford XP-2 for b&w - I love the sepia toned prints.

I've got a couple of rolls of MS100/1000 which I haven't tried yet, but
I've read that it's basically the best slide film when rated at ISO200
or higher.

Roger

PS - everyone except Chris Barker is WRONG!  Marmite is one of the
greatest inventions of all time, and you should all learn to love it.
OK, I'll keep my yeast extract evangelism to myself from now on...