Re: [OM] shutter speed accuracy

Subject: Re: [OM] shutter speed accuracy
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 09:08:50 +0800
Here I had referred to the "Auto exposure speed", it is hard to
measure without a professional equipment, you can do it with slide but
not easy to judge. On the other hand for the 4 and 4Ti, there is a way
to check the autoexposure without any external equipment, but you have
to assume the displayed shutter speed is accurately associated with
true shutter speed:

1. put a piece of film (or the checking sheet come with the OM4Ti) to
the camera for providing proper reflection.
1. set the camera to auto mode, focus at a plain wall.
2. note the shutter speed display inside the finder.
3. turn on memory mode.
4. fire the shutter.
5. check the display speed again.

The good one will have conceded reading, like my trusty OM4, I still
have a 4Ti with different readings below 1/60s and a 2sp behave the
same (I can HEAR it below 1/8s). Also, the speed is not linear, error
increase when speed going down. But they works fine in manual and spot
mode.

For manual shutter speed it is easier to check, you can see:

http://www.glink.net.hk/~olympus/shutt.htm

C.H.Ling