Re: [OM] 135/4.5 macro

Subject: Re: [OM] 135/4.5 macro
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 01:40:15 +0200
On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 02:47:11PM -0700, Mike Lazzari wrote:
> Can you use stacked auto extention tubes with this lens instead of the
> 65~116 telescoping tube? If so, how many mm are needed? I assume that
> this is to clear the protruding rear of the lens.

For the 135mm/F4.5 you need at least 60mm extension tubes. Not because of the
protruding elements. But with less extension the lens will not render a image
on the
film plane. And even with this extension you`ll be only able to shoot at
infinity,  so
 it is less useable than a `normal` 135mm-lens.

Frieder Faig