[OM] Half-frame quality (old thread)

Subject: [OM] Half-frame quality (old thread)
From: Eric Pederson <epederso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 18:47:40 -0700 (PDT)
I use a PenD2 quite a bit. The rolls are never too long because I use them
for snapshots and shoot wildly. E.g. how about 20 shots of my daughter on
a merry-go-round to get the one with the best expression.

I only shoot b/w with this format now. 5x7 inch (10x13cm) prints are fine
with TMax400 with moderate cropping. 8x10 (20x30cm) inch prints are just
barely possible to my standards with TMax100 and moderate cropping. So I
just stay at 5x7 prints and hope nothing I photograph with this camera
deserves larger. For most people shots, these are just going in albums,
not on walls, so that's fine. Serious portraiture demands *at least* full
frame 35mm.

=====
Eric Pederson
epederso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (no "n" in "epederso")