RE: [OM] Polaroid Olympus?

Subject: RE: [OM] Polaroid Olympus?
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 21:51:01 -0400
Maybe I wasn't clear. Yes, I understood that Polaroid backs produce an image the same size as the film. The currently available units use fiber optics to transfer the image from the film plane ot the Polaroid film's surface, thus the 1:1 match in size.

What I should have said is that I wouldn't see much of a need for a Polaroid camera that accepts Zuiko lenses unless I was shooting all-manual shots. In that case, it would do nicely to check exposure and/or flash angle. What would be the most valuable would be to check portrait, macro, or commercial lighting using an OM body with it's TTL metering, etc. before committing to film. Practically, you'd have to have a dedicated body to get much use of it; otherwise you'd be stuck in the middle of a roll.

Medium format, with it's removable back systems in common use, is a much more feasible format for a P back. And as you point out, the larger images size makes a big difference when evaluating the image.

Skip