Re: [OM] Photoshop 6 & Photography

Subject: Re: [OM] Photoshop 6 & Photography
From: Christopher Biggs <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 02 May 2001 10:28:09 +1000
"Dave Bulger" <david_bulger@xxxxxxxxxxxx> moved upon the face of the 'Net and
spake thusly:

> There's a new book out, "Adobe Photoshop 6.0 for Photographers" by Martin
> Evening that is about the best I've seen on the subject.
[snip]
> I recommend it highly.
>
> 'Course you can't download it for free from the 'net -- you'll probably have
> to buy it. <g>

'Course you *can* get the manual and tutorials for The GIMP online for
free (http://manual.gimp.org/).  (The software is free too).

I've found that if you know how to do Something in Photoshop, you can
easily do it in the GIMP, and vice versa.   I no longer use photoshop
at all, except when forced to use someone else's machine.

   --cjb

--
 Christopher J Biggs \ chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx \ Vice-Pope Torture & Indulgences
 Stallion Technologies\ Brisbane,  Australia \   Holy Church of Givashitology