[OM] Secret Fetishes (and first 35mm cameras) [was] Oops!

Subject: [OM] Secret Fetishes (and first 35mm cameras) [was] Oops!
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 20:25:37 +0000
At 01:02 4/30/01, Kelton Rhoads wrote:
Boy is my face red. My Pentax LX fetish now public for the whole Oly list
to see. What shame. I'm going to stay away from the list for a few days
till the embarassment passes.

Kelton

Kelton,
Since you've inadvertently come out of the closet on this . . . and so you won't feel so bad . . .

My first real 35mm camera was a Yashica J-5 SLR with a Yashinon 55mm f/1.2 lens. Acquired it (used) during high school. The J-5 was only a few years old and the camera dealer was *very* helpful in finding a fine SLR I could afford as a relatively poor HS student. I had saved up for quite some time to buy it. Came complete with nice leather never-ready case and in KEH EX+ condition. Sold it a few years later and very sorry now that I did. In concept it was much like an OM-1 with its built-in match-needle meter, but as I recall a little bigger and heavier. Have always had a secret desire to acquire another J-5 with a 55/1.2 Yashinon.

-- John