Re: [OM] Infinity focus & focusing screens

Subject: Re: [OM] Infinity focus & focusing screens
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 18:33:29 -0700
P.S.

I just double-checked this. Actually, the effect ISN'T present with the
Varimagnifinder. It shows up most prominently when you hold you eye back
from the viewfinder eyepiece and intensifies if the vertical line is
left or right of the center of the microprism.  I first discovered it
when lens testing on some other make bodies that I couldn't fit a
Varimagnifinder on.

There is a Modern or Popular Photography reference to the inaccuracy in
biprisms vs. matte surfaces.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV