Re: [OM] Infinity focus & focusing screens

Subject: Re: [OM] Infinity focus & focusing screens
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 08:38:28 -0500
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
The matte surface is more accurate. The biprism gives the illusion of
greater precision, which isn't the same thing as accuracy.  (As society
hopefully learned in the Florida ballot counts). With the biprism,
viewing angle of your eye can shift the image.

Hold it. The viewing angle can cause incorrect focus with the biprism? I notice one side can darken depending on viewing angle but have never noticed shifting. Gary, you're going to have everybody trading in their 1-13 and 2-13 screens for 1-4 and 2-4's. <G> Is there more to tell about this? I assume geological survey maps have something to do with this discovery?

Joel W.