[OM] T32 repair advice needed

Subject: [OM] T32 repair advice needed
From: "Olaf Greve" <olaf_greve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 09:50:19 -0000
Cc: omtech@xxxxxxxxx, j.korten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lars.bundesen@xxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

Well, some interesting news...

I got a very good deal from Lars Bundesen on a broken PBG2 and a broken T32. I knew beforehand that both items were broken and they were priced accordingly, so I took the gamble.

I have not regretted this, as Jaap informed me yesterday that he managed to fix the PBG2 (which is the piece I was most interested in from this deal), so I already got my money's worth.

Then, regarding the T32 the story is a bit more complicated, but the problem which it has sounds very much like something I think has been treated before on the list: Jaap told me that the T32 seems to charge fine, the "flash charged" LED lights up, but then when pressing the "test" button, the control LED does blink, but the flash does not discharge. The way I understood it from Jaap, the flash doesn't get triggered by a camera either (not with a T Cord, nor directly from the camera). It seems to be the case that _only_ pressing the "test" button has some effect (but not a discharge). As mentioned, I think I've seen a query for such a problem before on this list. Does anyone (in particular John Hermanson) have any idea as to the following:
-Where the fault resides (thyristor, capacitor, flash tube, other...)?
-If this is easily fixable?
-How to fix this?
-Which parts would be needed?
-Other things I'm perhaps overlooking?

Thanks in advance for any and all replies. Replies are welcome both on list and off list, but I think this is an interesting topic, so perhaps it might be best to keep the list in on this...

Cheers!
Olafo