Subject: Re: [OM] Auto Connectors

Subject: Subject: Re: [OM] Auto Connectors
From: drchrisbarrett <drchrisbarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 21:53:49 +0100
Trevor and Gail Urlwin wrote:

"It is most opportune that this thread has come along just now.  I have
been
trying to work out what I will need to do the job that Tony asks about
using my OM2n, a 50/3.5 macro and T20."

I can recommend my setup which is as follows:

OM2n + 50/3.5 macro + third party x2 converter. This gives up 1:1
magnification. The Olympus converter can't be used with the 50 macro as
the rear baffles interfere.

T32 on BG2, connected to TTL autoconnecter on OM2n by 0.3m cable into
side socket of T32.

Then a T20/autoconnector T20, mounted alongside lens by a bracket from
the bottom of the BG2, and connected to the BG2 bottom socket by a
second 0.3m cablet.

The whole thing is a bit heavy, so I use a grip strap on the BG2, and I
additionally have a wide neck strap on the BG2. This allows me to hang
the camera sideways off my shoulder, the T20 on its bracket hinges back
alongside the camera. This makes it easy to carry when I'm out hunting
for insects & spiders.

I sent some recent photos using this rig to the Unofficial Olympus
Gallery, but they haven't been posted up yet. I'm planning to get out
this weekend and find some shots for TOPE, so keep an eye on this if you
want to see some examples.

Chris Barrett
Malvern, UK