[OM] A confession

Subject: [OM] A confession
From: Sam Shiell <Sam.Shiell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 09:45:58 +0100
(looks around nervously, stands and says in a shaky voice)

"MY NAME IS SAM AND I AM A ZUIKOHOLIC"

Yep I've done it.  Went into my local Jessops on Saturday and they showed me
2 OM-2n's.  Both cosmetically good but one had a shoe 4, the other had the
motor drive cap missing. The one with the shoe locked up but there were no
batteries in.. got it for £110 (around 158 USD, 244 Canadian Dollar, 310 Aus
Dollar). Apart from the batteries also got a body cap and expensive looking
strap thrown in.

I was expecting it to be like a close cousin to my OM1 but it's more like
the OM1's cleverer twin brother... there's hardly any difference in the feel
of the two apart from the shutter speed dial being a bit more "clicky" and
it being very slightly heavier. This is actually a v. slight disappointment
as half the fun of a new toy is getting to know it and this just like using
the old body, but in the long term this will be really good as there'll be
no mental adjustment at all between using the two.

Thanks all for the advice on what to look for. It was very useful.

I've just about ridden the "....but you've already got a camera. Why do you
need another one?" (does anyone have a good answer to this that doesn't end
up sounding like a lame excuse for buying a new toy, and would make a
non-photographer spouse say "That's a good idea, how cleaver you are to have
thought of that" ?) and will now need a T32 to make full use of the exposure
features, and of course a bounce grip so I don't get red-eye. My camera bag
now unfortunately isn't big enough, and the next size up will have a lot of
empty pockets that will need filling.......

HHHhhhhhhheeeeeelllllpppppp.........

Regards,

Sam