Re: Re: [OM] Letter campaign to Olympus

Subject: Re: Re: [OM] Letter campaign to Olympus
From: Vaughan Bromfield <vaughan.bromfield@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 16:30:02 +1000
> >Vaughan Bromfield wrote:
> >
> >Regarding the futility of a letter to Olympus begging for an OM-5... why
> >not try petitioning Cosina instead?
>
> Andrew Fildes replied:
>
> What - an OM2000n?

No, a full-blown OM-5 or whatever. Maybe something even better.

Cosina are making mouth-watering lenses for Leica-screw mount
rangefinder cameras under the Voightlander brand: how does a 12mm
*rectilinear* wide-angle for full-frame 35mm sound! They also make a
15mm, 25mm etc up to 90mm, all at very reasonable prices with excellent
optical quality too. Some lenses have multiple aspherical surfaces. In
Sydney Australia I can get a new Bessa-L body for $700 and the above
mentioned 12mm lens for $1500 all in Australian dollars. That's about as
much as a used Leica M body alone costs.

It seems that Cosina are open-minded to alternative markets and product
nieches, and are not too fussed about slaughtering sacred cows along the
way. I reckon they'd be the team to grab the OM-batton and run with it
-- forget Olympus.

Vaughan