[OM] Letter campaign to Olympus

Subject: [OM] Letter campaign to Olympus
From: dolphans1@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 23:16:00 +0000
Hey Guys,

I have a suggestion to the group, why don't all of us on
this list, write a letter to the Presidents of
Olympus America and Olympus Tokyo.

Several years ago I sent a few letters to both
Corporations, before the OM-2000 came out and I
also sent in another letter to their marketing
department, mentioning an idea of tying their older
model camera's to their newer camera's, in some of their

Well, Olympus came out with the OM-2000 made by cossina
and they later featured an ad with an
OM-1, some of you might remember. I'm not saying, they
did this because I sent in a letter, but
I'm sure it helped some.

I mentioned the importance of customer loyalty/brand
loyalty and the strive to increase market
share. Young student's need manual focus camera's for
high schools and college, which could
possibly lead to future sales for Olympus. I also
mentioned our core group of Olympus users, and
how many of us were out there.

I know it may sound corny to some, but hey, we deserve
it, don?t we? Olympus could possibly shell some money
out of their budget to satisfy us OM- users, wouldn't
they?

I would like to see an OM-5, with the possibility of
auto-focus, faster flash sync, or even digital.

How bout a Zuiko 35-200 f2.8 lens?

The imagination is endless........

I have included the addresses of the Presidents of
Olympus America and Olympus Optical CO.,
LTD Tokyo.

President F. Mark Gumz
Olympus America INC.
Two Corporate Center Drive
Melville, New York 11747-3157

President Masatoshi Kishimoto
Shinjuku Monolith 2-3-1 Nishi-Shinjuku
Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 163-0914

It's only a .34 cent stamp, and a stamp may go a long
way?

Good Luck,