Re: [OM] A nasty surprise and a nice one...

Subject: Re: [OM] A nasty surprise and a nice one...
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 09:32:57 -0500
The foundation line at the bottom is probably the more damning. It doesn't look like you're completely square to the wall, unless one wants to argue that the lens distorts more on the right side than the left. In other words, you won't get an argument from me that there is no distortion, but this seems to exaggerate the effect a little bit. Do masons in Holland drink during lunch? Maybe you need to find a wall that was put up in the morning. <G>

I don't enjoy your photo, though if I could only take one lens, this is still unquestionably the lens I'd take. On my deserted island, there are fortunately no brick walls. ;-)

Joel W.

From: "Olaf Greve" <olaf_greve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
The results, which will not be liked by 35-80/2.8 owners can be seen here:
http://www.millennics.com/olympus/various/35-80.html