[OM] A nasty surprise and a nice one...

Subject: [OM] A nasty surprise and a nice one...
From: "Olaf Greve" <olaf_greve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 13:17:28 -0000
Hi,

I have a little demonstration of a nasty surprise I had lately. After Hans van Veluwen and Erwin Voogt kept trying to convince me that the Zuiko 35-80/2.8 gives more (perspectively) distorted pictures than the 16/3.5 (just kidding, of course!). I decided to do a simple test by shooting a picture of a brick wall at 35mm.
The results, which will not be liked by 35-80/2.8 owners can be seen here:
http://www.millennics.com/olympus/various/35-80.html

Then, on a happier note, I'd like to share some E100VS pictures that I shot on a snowy(!!!) day. The colours of the real slides are a bit nicer still, but this should be a good demonstration. I now intend to use this film on the dull gray days we see so often over here, and then use Provia 100F for most of the other situations...
For some sample shots, look here:
http://www.millennics.com/olympus/various/e100vs.html

Enjoy!
Olafo