Re: [OM] Re:Scanning for TOPE Display

Subject: Re: [OM] Re:Scanning for TOPE Display
From: "Jim Caldwell" <jamesfc@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 20:43:21 -0400
A tip I picked up from a "Photoshop Guru" that you might want to try for
unsharp mask - first, change the mode of the scanned image to Lab color.
Next, in the channels box, select Lightness only and apply the unsharp mask
to that channel only.  This is a "native" mode for photoshop and it uses
this mode internally for most of its functions anyway.  Plus, you will find
that you can be more agressive with unsharp mask and will not spoil the
colors of your image.  Convert the image back to RGB before you save it!

Jim Caldwell
Videomakers - we invite you to check out http://www.Specialty-Media.com
Join our Video discussion group!   also -  DC30 and Premiere Tips and Tricks
For your PC hardware and software needs -  check us at
http://www.handtech.com/specialtymedia