Re: [OM] OM Guide: We Need an Editor First!

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Guide: We Need an Editor First!
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 18:36:14 +0100
Dear Chris,

I find purely technical stuff fascinating, but I'd like to relate it
to real life situations and the objective of making the best picture
we can.

E.G., WHY choose MC vs SC? for which lenses? (number of surfaces) Other techniques to reduce flare - lens shades, shading the lens, ...
and showing the results of each choice.

So the first question is, what is our audience?
        Professionals/Collectors who just need the technical stuff?
Amateurs, beginners, students, or artists who need to relate the technical to techniques to results?

Tom

Dear Tom

As I said, that sounds interesting, but we should agree that this the way it will go. As I understand it, the current thrust is towards a technical compendium. But relating what the hardware is to how to use it should not be too difficult ...

Chris
--
<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker