Re: [OM] OT: Email

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Email
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 10:31:29 +0100
John

Those are 2 types of email, one is web-based, and therefore expensive
to check unless you have unlimited online time, the other is a client
which downloads email from a separate server.  I use both: Yahoo for
when I am mobile and on someone else's computer, Eudora for my
computers (but I have paid for it, it's really quite cheap).
Alternatives are: Outlook Express (means using MS, but is a
multi-account client like Eudora), Nisus Mail (pay for it, but
cheaper than Eudora I think), Netscape Mail, Hotmail (again, the
dreaded MS), Operamail, Eudoramail (web-based both) etc...

Remember also that Yahoo and Hotmail let you check other email
accounts online (I can check imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx from Yahoo,
along with my other email accounts.

Finally, why not try Freeola.com who will give you an email account
based on your name or hobby if you like.  They host my domain (cost
me £30 for 2 years).  These email accounts are called Classemail (for
some reason).

Chris

Hello everybody,
I'm looking for a new, free email service.  I've looked at Yahoo, but they
sure do want a lot of personal info.  I guess their email location is
covered with ads.  Eudora tells you that they're covered with ads if you're
going to get it free.  Any suggestions?
JohnP
--
<|_:-)_|>