Re: [OM] Digital Imaging of Architecture

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital Imaging of Architecture
From: Andrew Dacey <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 02:11:56 -0300
On 4/11/01 5:31 PM, "Acer V" <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Won't Flash be about to do this? I know websites (mainly automotive
> marques, and aftermarket) and you can basically customise color, options,
> etc etc, and you see how it looks. afaik they're using Flash.

A lot depends on how it was done. I think a lot of websites simply have a
separate image for each colour option. So when you select a colour, it just
swaps the image. This can be easily done with flash or javascript. Using
flash, you can easily add transparent layers, so you could maybe create the
illusion of a different colour by overlaying a transparent layer. But, what
colour you'd use would largely depend on what colour the siding currently
was.

--

Andrew "Frugal" Dacey,
frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx