[OM] high power focusing (B&K Astrofocuser for Olympus)

Subject: [OM] high power focusing (B&K Astrofocuser for Olympus)
From: dtlocke <dtlocke@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 16:41:53 -0500
Here's the URL for more info:
http://web2.airmail.net/a0011306/images/Web-om-1a.jpg

Pricing is somewhere around $250, plus you need to add your own diagonal and
eyepiece.  Another  good alternative for astrophotography on the OM series is
some sort of knife-edge
focusing, which can't be done with film in the camera...

I use mine and am not going to sell it.  I've taken a handful of prime-focus
shots using the B&K and the focus looks fine in all of them.

BTW: A varimagni is better than nothing, in my opinion, you can just find a
bright star and do your best.

There's a mailing list specifically for astrophotography that you may want to
check out, along with the list's archives.
http://astro.umsystem.edu/apml/
There may be people on this list willing to sell you their astrofocuser...

-Dick

I am interested.  Any info is appreciated.  I have heard of it before, but
not alot seem to use it.  Are you selling yours?  If so how old is it.

Thanks

- -Bill