Re: [OM] OCC

Subject: Re: [OM] OCC
From: "John Palmer" <john.palmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 21:17:36 +0100
Sam Shiell says

> I've just been surfing the 'net and have come across
> a reference to the Olympus Camera Club.

> Anyone out there got any info on this? Is anyone a member?

Yes. And yes.

It is a "club" run from the UK. Annual sub is GBP19.95 for UK
residents, more for overseas to cover postage. In return for your sub
you get a quarterly glossy mag which is fairly slim but often contains
some very good photography. It doesn't have much to say about our
favourite part of the Olympus product lineup, sadly. Members also get
some discounts, including 100n repairs at authorized Oly repairers.
The saving on the bill from when my 250/2 got waterlogged puts me in
credit for my subs for a while!

It also carries details of some courses and events, including a
"Nature and the lanscape" course I've decided to go on in the summer
(as we Brits refer to the rainy season which comes between spring and
autumn, 2 other rainy seasons).

I'm not sure what the relationship is between the club and Olympus. It
is not run from from any Oly address that I recognize. All the work
seems to be done by a photog called Ian Aston, who Simon E has
mentioned on list in connection with old sets of Vision Age magazine.

Contact details:

Olympus Camera Club
P.O. Box 222,
Southall,
Middlesex    UB2 4SB

Phone 020 7250 4583    Fax 020 7250 4588
No email addy quoted in the literature.

Drop me a mail offlist if you want to know more.

John