Re: [OM] Digital Range

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital Range
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 16:43:39 -0700
At 6:27 PM -0500 4/6/01, Jim Sharp wrote:
Winsor

I also have one of the Minolta scanners and I think the Minolta software
is hopeless, especially with slides. No shadow detail and blown out
highs...

I downloaded Vuescan from http://www.hamrick.com. It's far better than
the Minolta software, if a bit more difficult to use. I think you'll
find that with Vuescan the scanner is plenty good for web work or
anything you want to display on the screen.

--
Jim

Thanks, Jim. I looked at the Vuescan once and thought the interface, at least for a Mac, was needlessly obtuse. It is a relief to hear it is not totally a hardware problem. Maybe I will take a look at the Hamrick software again since your description of no shadow detail and blown out highs is exactly what I am experiencing.

Thanks again.

Winsor