Re: [OM] Another radioactive Zuiko!

Subject: Re: [OM] Another radioactive Zuiko!
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 14:23:10 -0700
Windsor C. writes:

<< But does it glow in the dark? Inquiring minds want to know. >>

No, the more radioactive 55mm f/1.2 doesn't glow in the dark as we can
detect with human eyes.  But it can potentially fog film, since this
lens emits radiation which readily penetrates both the mirror and the
semi-silvered shutters of OM-2n and OM-4 models.  I'm testing that right
now.  If it fogs, then the lens does "glow in the dark" as far as film
is concerned. And its's value in available darkness (low light)
photography would be questionable, since that is where the use of high
speeds films is most applicable.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV