Re: [OM] Tamron sp 2x

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron sp 2x
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 23:06:39 +0800
I think you are talking about the Tamron SP 2X F System, I have one. It has
very high resolution when combine with the 100/2, also works very well with
50/1.4, provide very sharp picture even wide open. But the field curvature
of this tele-converter is very high. You need to stop down for landscape,
but for portrait or other shoots where you don't need the whole field in
focus there will be no problem. I think the field curvature problem is not
so significant for a f3.5 lens.

I haven't compare it with the Zuiko 2XA, but the Zuiko 2XA provide excellent
result with the matched lens, didn't notice any field curvature problem yet
(I have tried135/2.8 and 200/4). On the other hand, the Tamron can be used
on most Zuikos.

C.H.Ling