Re: [OM] [OT] Postage charged by UK eBay sellers

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Postage charged by UK eBay sellers
From: "Keith Berry" <k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 12:15:33 +0100
Frank van Lindert wrote:
> According to my brother, who is a stamp collector, the UK is the only
> country in the world which:..[SNIP]. issue some stamps on which the value
isn't indicated at all.
> Therefore it is sometimes very difficult to see how much the sender
> has paid for shipment....

These include the ones marked 'E'(uropean), and 1st and 2nd class stamps.
The great thing about these is that just before the inevitable price
increases in postage rates you can go out and invest in a supply of them and
still use them afterwards. The benefit to the Post Office is that people
will buy more than they need and they will have had, in effect, a loan at a
very low interest rate!

The 1st and 2nd class stamps are not supposed to be used internationally,
even for Ireland, but I don't know whether or how this rule is enforced.

Regards,
- Keith