Re: [OM] Resetting an OM-4

Subject: Re: [OM] Resetting an OM-4
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 20:11:59 -0600
On 3 Apr 2001, at 17:52, clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Same as the 2 -- turn the SS dial to the red speeds.
>
> Be sure the shutter is fully wound.  With the lens off, you should be
> able to see the black/white pattern on the curtain, not the mirror.  If
> not, and the camera still doesn't wind and fire on the red speeds, that's
> not your problem -- it's jammed somewhere....

Thanks for that info, Clinton.  Apparently, all it does when you fire the
shutter is the mirror jumps up and stays there, and it beeps at you.
Sounds kinda like what some of the double-digit bodies do when they
have sticky magnets.  Does the OM-4 have that kinda problems, too, or
is this maybe something else?

Thanks, again, for any help you can provide.

Regards,

Chris

---
Chris O'Neill (coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx)