Re: [OM] Perspective Control (was Goodbye)

Subject: Re: [OM] Perspective Control (was Goodbye)
From: Jim Couch <JamesBCouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 15:16:33 -0700
Hello Mike,

I sepnt most of the weekend at a Bicycl Exposition my shop was displaying at.
Did shoot a number of photos of the booth. some with my (new to me) 18mm Zuiko.
Really fun lens. I will post some of the pics when I get the film back. In
addition spring has definatly hit around here (Tacoma, WA) my allergies are
killing me and the cherry tree blossoms are in bloom! I got the macro gear out
and fired off a roll of K64 and got some nice shots of not only the cherry
blossoms, but a lot of the neighbor's lovely garden.

Jim Couch

miaim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> My memory is spotty, but I think it was John Lind that taught me about
> using telephotos for perspective control. For some months I've been trying
> another kind of perspective control, by deleting OM digests as they come
> in. It's difficult to explain my sudden slump in interest, but it happens
> to many of us at some point. What was interesting, simply becomes noise.
> Like somebody else said, it becomes highly necessary to remember that there
> is LIFE outside the list and to remember why we have camera tools in the
> first place. I've got a suggestion for folks that are on the verge of a
> testy response to anything ever posted on this list:  Go out and shoot some
> film.
>
> I'm on the verge of selling off 1/2 my Olympus equipment, but for some
> reason today, I found myself inexplicably in a camera store that I haven't
> been to in months looking at OM lenses. It occured to me that it's Spring,
> and Spring means Macro, and Macro means Olympus. So, I opened the last
> couple OM digests, and found out that little has changed. Somebody's
> leaving. Somebody's pissed. Ebay is still the root of all evil. <that's a
> joke, folks, relax>
>
> What pictures are you taking? How have you been?
>
> Peace, Ya'll,
> Mike Swaim

Jim Couch
Tacoma, WA USA