[OM] two question

Subject: [OM] two question
From: Peter Dixon <P.Dixon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 22:35:41 +0000
Thanks to all who gave me info (Skip, George, C. H. Ling et al) I agree with the natural light source, have to get some tin-foil as a reflector! I took some shots just after the birth (well, a couple of days) with reala and natural light (OM 4Ti, 35/2 50/1.2); family were delighted and want some more only in b&w.... to them I'm the camera nut; pleading "I only do landscapes and travel; usually in colour" was ignored... Looking forward to it though.

Skip, I think you might have been thinking of HP5+, the 400 ASA film from Ilford. I was thinking of FP4+ , the 125 ASA, 'cause it was the last b&w stuff I remember using for people. Have you (or anyone else) used delta 100 and FP4+ and are willing to express a preference ?

C.H. Ling, (sorry to sound so formal, not sure of a polite abbreviation....english and worrying about my manners.....) thanks for the info on the shutters you've tested. I checked my books 'cause I had a vauge memory of something elseand found this line from the Michael Huber OM2s/p book:

(page 19)

"The Om2sp does not offer the speed of 1/2000 like the om4, but this is no tragedy; in reality the 1/2000 is not achieved"

Hmmm...

Thanks for all replies

Pete

Dr. Peter Dixon
Neurogenetics Unit, Department of Clinical Neurology
6th Floor, Institute of Neurology
Queen Square
London WC1N 3BG
Tel: 0207 837 3611 xtn 4305