Re: [OM] bktools E-B-a-y Identity? Let's stop this BS

Subject: Re: [OM] bktools E-B-a-y Identity? Let's stop this BS
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 18:41:56 -0500
Point well taken.

Sorry for the perceived attacks.  No more Ebay postings for me.

Skip

At 04:25 PM 3/30/01 -0500, you wrote:
In a message dated 3/30/01 12:49:22 PM Pacific Standard Time,

This list is starting to get really crummy and starting to pry and keep too
close attention to other people's business.
I know this gentleman and for people to keep track of what he buys or others
do is pitiful.  He is a fine gentleman.
Some people work there asses of all day and put their feet up at night and
turn the computer on and spend 5 mintues and buy what they want.  ZAP.  Done.
Others spend hour after hour, neglecting family and LIFE, scanning eBay for
"deals" and such ( i have at times myself).  I say pay the bucks and go paint
a picture or play ball with the kids. Or maybe, take some pictures : )
When you guys say things on list it is as if others can't read.
There is all this eBay talk all the time and I agree with some others that
the list should be more about OLYMPUS CAMERAS and not what "deals" we get all
the time.  Is it going towards.." Yeah?  Well, I STOLE a 350 today-top
that!!."   Sounds rediculous, but it is heading that way.
Just change the name of the list from "Olympus Users List" to "Olympus Pawn
Shop Top Ten Buys".
It is fun to score a deal on something but isn't money irrelevant and hardly
the main point of interest?
Leicaphiles buy Leica, some in part, because it cost so much.  It seperates
"them" from "us" by a financial buffer.  Wait and watch Geroge W. show us all
this program : )
Saying that someone is blind for buying something because of its cost is
rediculous.
Bill Gates or Paul Allen could buy or drive all the Olympus prices up in a
few days so let's keep perspective.  Look at what Paul Allen has done to the
Hendrix guitar stuff.
My thoughts.
John R