[OM] One of the "Big White Ones" 250mm f/2

Subject: [OM] One of the "Big White Ones" 250mm f/2
From: "Dinkar Jhalera" <dinkar.jhalera@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 22:09:40 +0100
I have tried to order 3 times in the past from Ffordes but in my case have
not been happy experiences. On 2 occasions I placed my order over the
website for some Olympus OM accessories only to be told that the item had
already been sold. Second time I was a bit annoyed and phoned the shop and
talked to the manager (whose name I have forgotten) complained that it was
no good putting the items on the website and having a facility to order
online when clearly their online facility was not geared to checking whether
the item was still available. I was told that they were a small outfit and
could not guarantee that the item was still available! (It is claimed that
they update the site on a daily basis)

The last incidence was about a fortnight ago when I saw an Olympus C830L
digtal camera for £125. This time I did not order online but phoned the shop
and yes they still had the camera but promised to phone back after checking
the camera. They did phone back only to say that it was sale on commission
basis but did not have the software or the manual and they would try and get
in touch with owner and let me know.  I still have not had the reply. In the
meantime I checked with Olympus UK for a manual who said it would be £7. I
have tracked a shop in London and got a new current model C860L for £150.

My advise is if you want the lens it is best to phone them to see if it is
still available and also with price of the lens there could be a sizeable
customs duty importing into States.

Dinkar