[OM] Large prints and various ramblings - Was: High resolution B&W film

Subject: [OM] Large prints and various ramblings - Was: High resolution B&W film
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 09:58:02 -0600
What's amazing is how technology is improving 35mm photography, which has
been around forever.  I shoot just normal 100ASA print film, scan it and
print it on a photoprinter at 13x19.  While I'm sure the difference at 1
foot, or with a loop, would be quite obvious, at a normal viewing distance
even the inkjet prints are stunning.

I admit, I'm ready to switch to digital when it can match the quality. The
effort to take the picture, get the film developed and scan the negs it a
lot.  Digital is the dream, but it still can't match the quality.

OM content -- all the film is shot with OM, of course!

Tom