Re: [OM] High resolution B&W film

Subject: Re: [OM] High resolution B&W film
From: "John Pendley" <jpendley@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 10:44:32 -0500
> Hi Zuikists,
> just have a look at this website :
> http://www.gigabitfilm.de/html/deutsch/inhalt.htm. Ok, its in german,  but
the
> pictures speak out loud for themselves:
> http://www.gigabitfilm.de/html/deutsch/bildbeispiele.htm. There is now a
35mm film
> on the market, which is delivered together with developing chemistry for
15 DM
> altogether. The speed is 40 ASA, an the film resolution is 700 lines per
mm!
> The german "Fotomagazin" just published an article, which stated, that the
> resolution test tables stop at 500 lines per mm, and they could see this
resolved.
> Something for a real lens test, Gary? I have not tested this stuff yet,
but will
> do in due time.
> Rainer

Wow!  BTW, everybody else probably already knows this, but I recently
received some 16x20's that are unlike anything I've seen before.  *No*
grain, and sharp as a razor.  I'd wager that 30x40's would be just as
stunning.  -4T, tripod, prefire, Zuiko 35-70/3.5-4.5 and 21/3.5, f-8 to 11,
1/4 to 1/8 sec., Ilford Pan F (50 ISO).  And I'm really sorry Agfa dropped
APX 25.
JP