[OM] WANTED: Base/switch for Winder 2

Subject: [OM] WANTED: Base/switch for Winder 2
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 22:45:41 -0700
Well, gang, I made some progress on repairing the damaged base on
my Winder 2.  Thanks to Andrew Fildes for suggesting fingernail polish
remover.  That did the trick, and I was able to remove the little metal off-
single-sequence plate.

However, I did not find any screw under the plate.  So, I still wasn't able
to remove the switch from the base.  So, without mucking further, I've
kinda decided that it is beyond my capability to swap the winder 2
switch on my bad base with the winder 1 switch on the good base,
thereby fixing-up my winder 2.  Follow that???  :-)

So.....

Does anybody have a base (complete with switch) for a winder 2 that's
in good shape that they'd like to part with?  I'm prepared to trade all of
the following for it:

Winder 2 top assembly (i.e. no base or battery holder)
Winder 1 complete (including battery holder)
A film canister of winder bits and pieces

Neither of the winders is currently working.  No, I didn't break them...
they came that way.  The person who provided me with these parts said
one of them works if it's put back together, but I can't remember which
one.  So, consider them both as parts.

If you have the winder 2 base/switch and don't want to trade for the
above parts, I'm prepared to pay a reasonable price for it.

Off-list replies to mailto:coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx please.

Regards,

Chris

---