[OM] April 2001 Petersens Photographic

Subject: [OM] April 2001 Petersens Photographic
From: Simon Evans <sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 21:26:20 GMT
Way back on 18th March Jim Couch wrote:

>Has anyone seen the latest issue of Photographic? There is a nice
>article on Richard I'Anson, a professional travel photogrpher from
>Melbourne who shoots with primarily with Olympus OMs. specifically three
>OM-4Ti bodies and siz Zuikos; 24 f2, 35 f2, 50 f1.4, 100 f2, 180 f2.8 &
>the 300 f4.5.

He also has the 350 f2.8 and 1.4x for trips involving a lot of wildlife
shooting. I ordered a copy of this book from a local bookshop, after it had
been mentioned on the list a few weeks ago and had very good reviews at
Amazon. It's small (8x5"), and the 200+ pages are illustrated with loads of
photographs by Richard. Most were taken on his OM4Ti's with the above
lenses, and nearly every single image is captioned with body, lens, film and
exposure information. He uses mostly Kodachrome E100VS, E100SW and E200, the
last pushed 3 stops to 800asa.

The book is based on the experience of a professional travel photographer.
It starts basic and goes on to cover just about everything you can think of.
Well worth the ten quid I paid for it (says $16.99 on the back cover). You
don't have to travel to exotic locations to make use of the advice - and
those of you in exotic locations don't need to come to somewhere dull and
wet like the UK either ;-) Yep, it's the rainy season again.

It will go on my 'handy reference' shelf next to the Julian Calder/John
Garrett "35mm Photographer's Handbook" which is (coincidentally?) referenced
in the section titled Further Reading.

Simon E.