Re: [OM] 135/3.5 repaired

Subject: Re: [OM] 135/3.5 repaired
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 07:47:47 -0700
At 07:14 PM 3/21/2001 +1100, you wrote:
>Er - Irony Garth.

Yes, I caught it.  Honest.  ;-)

> I can't understand how USians get away with calling
>themselves 'Americans' as if they are the only inhabitants of the
>continent.

Actually, I suspect that the term became widespread via usage of *other* people
referring to people from the States as "Americans."

[snip]

>(the New Zealand comment was a bit low).

Yeah, but I'm cruel.  And it does make the point to everyone in the audience, I
think.  (Most Americans aren't flattered to be mistaken for Canadians, either.)
 Everybody's pretty proud of their own heritage and nation, and with good
reason -- most nations have lots to be proud of.

Garth