[OM] Maybe [OT] PayPal Surcharges (WAS: large $ international shipment)

Subject: [OM] Maybe [OT] PayPal Surcharges (WAS: large $ international shipment)
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 20:16:39 -0700
On 20 Mar 2001, at 9:36, James N. McBride wrote:

> EBAY will not let the seller require the buyer to pay billpoint fees or
> credit card surcharges. This is illegal in some states so they just
> prohibit the practice. I don't know what other selling services do but EBAY
> got on my case about that.  /jnm

Interesting!  I charge a fee to PayPal payors, and e-Bay hasn't hassled
me.  Did a buyer complain?  What's the URL that shows that rule?

Btw, if they "crack down" on me, I'll just start charging a "handling fee"
to all users.  Let's see e-Bay make a rule against that!

Regards,

Chris

P.S.  I don't know if it's illegal in Alberta (or Canada).

---
Chris O'Neill (coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx)
http://www.nucleus.com/~coneill