Re: [OM] Dead OM-4 ?

Subject: Re: [OM] Dead OM-4 ?
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 15:55:02 -0600
If the focusing screen has come loose, try holding the camera with the
lens pointing up and gently tap and shake the camera sideways -- the
screen may drop back into the frame and clear the lens enough for it to
come off.

This might also happen if the index arm on the back of the lens slips
past the tab on the coupling ring and ends up on the wrong side of it.
That, or the lens' aperture lever has slipped past the aperture arm on
the back of the lens.

Open the back cover, set the camera on "B", and wind the camera slowly
while exerting a little pressure on the release button.  You might be
able to get the shutter to say open on "B" -- then you can look in
through the back of the camera and see the coupling ring/index arm move
as you turn the aperture ring on the lens, and check to see if the
aperture lever on the lens is above the arm on the camera (as it should
be), or if it's on the wrong side.  If either lever is on the wrong
side, you might be able to move them far enough to allow the lens to
turn off the body....