Re: [OM] What to photograph in Toronto

Subject: Re: [OM] What to photograph in Toronto
From: Arnab Banerjee <arnabkb@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 11:13:50 -0800 (PST)
Hi Sam,
Hope you have a nice trip. It's getting warm here so
hopefully you will get some nice weather end-March but
do have warm clothes ready...

Quite a few things to photograph - depends on what you
like. There are quite a few attractions that closes
down for Winter and might not reopen as early as March
- (the Maid of the Mist at Niagara, African Lion
Safari, Marineland at Niagara, Paramount Canada
wonderland ....)

For nature, you could try High Park, some spots on
Lake Ontario like the Scarbough buffs, Royal Botanical
Gardens, or if you have the time for a 3 hour drive -
the Bruce Peninsula.

If you enjoy Museums, the ROM is a good place. Or try
out some interactive activities with the kids at the
Ontario Science Museum. You can roam a small modern
castle (complete with towers) at Casa Loma - though
this is nowhere as grand as the castles in Europe.

Downtown, just photograph any building that catches
your fancy. yes, do go up the CN tower (at a certain
point, you are higher than Empire state Building). You
can get a good view of the skyline from Toronto
Islands (a 15 minute ferry ride across).

No great Oly stuff here - but you can always browse
thru some places that have some Oly equipment. You
will find a few dealers on Queen Street East and
Church Street (Alt Cameras, Downtown Cameras ,
Henry's)

A quick note on Niagara falls - To capture the curve
of the Horseshoe falls (which can be seen only from
this side of the border) you would need a wide (at
least 24mm). The lowest wide I have is 28mm, and I
just can't seem to get a decent amount of the falls in
it. Maybe 21mm would be better.

Hope this helps.
Arnab.

--- Sam Shiell <Sam.Shiell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm going on a 3-day trip to Toronto from work at
> the end of the month.
> Anyone suggest what would be worth photographing...
<snip>