Re: [OM] Why a 28 mm on a rangefinder (XA 40

Subject: Re: [OM] Why a 28 mm on a rangefinder (XA 40
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 17:01:36 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 20 Mar 2001, Clemente Colayco wrote:

> Hi Doris:
>
> Am pleased to be in touched with the famed "Doris Fang." Just a bit afraid I
> might get DF'd...Just kidding. Seriously, I just received this XA 4. Still
> have to see how pictures come out. Though CH Ling once said that this camera
> is given worth more as a collectors item than for its picture taking
> ability.
>
> I am curious though about how to make best use of it. In fact I also bought
> an A1L flash unit that now only I found out has a built in battery that
> cannot be replace other than through a trained technician...GREAT!

  Lots of people use the 28mm for snaps (don't get too close), landscapes
and street photos. I do.

> But will keep you in mind if after a while I opt to exchange this for an XA
> 4. And if so, how much value would  you put for this over the XA.

   If you wish to change it for an XA, let me know immediately and in
private. We can go from there. I'd advise you to get rid of that A-11 and
buy an A-16, though I doubt it will cover the 28mm. Hmmm.

                        *= Doris Fang =*