[OM] OM1n meter

Subject: [OM] OM1n meter
From: drchrisbarrett <drchrisbarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 21:39:31 +0000
Bill wrote:

"On the weekend I was checking over my OM1(n) for any glitches (I plan
send to Camtech soon so I wanted to get any possible issues identified)
when
I found something funny.  When the meter is switched off, if I turn the
shutter speed dial towards B (about 1 or 2 speed), I can get the meter
needle to move.  It will also move again at this point if I change the
aperture settings.  This also happens WITHOUT A BATTERY.  Any insight as
what this is and why the needle would move even without a battery?  When
it
moves it is not a correct reading; when the meter is switched back or a
battery replaced on it works properly."

It's nothing to worry about Bill. The OM1 & 1n  uses a silicon
photodiode in the metering circuit. It just happens that with the meter
off, and a reasonably bright light, the diode generates a little bit of
current, which causes the needle to lift slightly from its off position.

It is mentioned in the manual if I remember rightly.

Chris Barrett
Malvern, UK