Re: [OM] Letchworth State Park

Subject: Re: [OM] Letchworth State Park
From: "Charles Geilfuss" <cgeilfuss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 16:28:58 -0000
Greetings Brian,
I spent a few years in Rochester, NY and visited Letchworth many times. It is a beautiful park, especially in Fall. May can be nice but I recommend LATE May. Weather in western NY is extremely variable in early Spring. Try logging on at www.westernny.com/letch.html. Other places of interest depends on how far you wish to travel. Niagara Falls is about 50 miles from Rochester. Also you are in the middle of the Wine/Grape region of NY. Recommend Hammondsport, etc. The website should be more helpful. Enjoy. Note: Be careful hiking on the east wall of the canyon. When I last visited (1991) there was no wall or fence between the trail and the gorge. People hiking at dusk have stepped into space and it's a long way down (they don't call it the Grand Canyon of the East for nothing).

Charlie Geilfuss