[OM] "Glued" camera back of OM30(F) -> fixed the problem!

Subject: [OM] "Glued" camera back of OM30(F) -> fixed the problem!
From: Erwin Voogt <erwin.voogt@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 23:26:07 +0100
Hi,

On monday I wrote:

> Yesterday I bought at the "Houten camera fair" an OM30 for about $12. (And
> added the in-focus-trigger-cord later on for $4.)
> Of course, the camera was not in an excellent shape: 1 of the 5 batteries
> had to be replaced (what a disappointment... ;-) ) and the camera back
> will not open when the rewind lever is lifted. Probably the camera is not
> used for years and the foam of the camera back turned into glue. What is
> the best method to solve the foam and repair the camera back?

Well, probably this was a new problem for all of you, because no tips where
posted to the list.
Anyway I managed to open the back by using some alcohol and a little force.
I also used alcohol to clean the camera and now it looks quite well. So,
finally I have a nice working OM30 (OM-F) which costed me only $12 (30 Dutch
guilders, maybe that's the reason why they call it an OM30 in Holland ;-)
Actually, I find it a cute little camera and the in-focus-trigger (cord)
works better than I expected.
On thing puzzles me: what is the exact (technical) purpose of the F4/F2
switch?
The manual doesn't give a clue about what changes in the way the
"auto"focussing works.
Any ideas?

Bye,

Erwin Voogt