[OM] WTT: a 2s for a 2n

Subject: [OM] WTT: a 2s for a 2n
From: "e.g." <eg4b@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 15:40:23 -0500
Hi all,
(WTT=wanted to trade)

I currently own a 2S (=2SP) body which I would like to trade for a 2N body.
Read on.

Condition of my 2S:

SN: 1,020,5**

Normal battery drain: tested with milliammeter, slightly less than 0.020 mA
with blank display.

Flash ready light is green. You might want to get it changed to red to
reduce camera battery drain if you do a lot of flash shooting. This is
because power for the red light comes from flash itself, power for green
light comes from camera batteries.

Viewfinder is not immaculate, but very clean compared to many; i.e.  a few
individual dust particles are visible from several inches away, but
disappear when you put your eye up to finder.

No holes in shutter, inside quite clean, standard focusing screen.

Foam in back and for mirror do not need replacing.

Winding is a little stiff compared to my OM-G; I don't know if this is
inherent is 2S or due to lack of lubrication.

Motor drive (black) and battery (silver) and PC (generic flash) caps are
there, ttl flash cord cap is missing. Olympus body cap also included.

AE and manual and program are accurate as far as I can tell from shooting
since October last year.

There is a small (pressure?) DENT on top of viewfinder. If you are looking
at the back of the camera, it's on the right, between the tip of wind lever
and flash shoe, maybe 1/4 inch. The black finish is not scratched, and the
prism is not cracked or misaligned.

Some brassing on back (scratches on film holder) and bottom; very light
brassing on flash shoe and rewind knob.

Now, if you've read this far and are still interested, here's what I'm
looking for:

OM-2N body, clean, accurate meter & exposure, Ex/Ex+ level quality, NOT in
need of a CLA (cleaning lubrication adjustment), with an uncracked Shoe 4.
I assume that it will be silver.

Reason for trade: I would like to try out the classic OMs; when I got the
2s I was under the impression that 2s and 4 were the cats meow, after being
a member of OM list, I have been influenced to give 2n a try. Someday I
will just accept that fact that I am not an award winning photographer, but
until then, it is fun to try new equipment.

I will pay shipping for the 2s, you pay shipping for 2n. This will not be
worthwhile if one (or both) of us has to pay huge tariff/shipping costs.

Please reply off-list: eric@xxxxxxxxxxxx

I reserve the right to refuse any offers.

Thanks,
Eric Goodell