Re: [OM] [OT] Bessa-T

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Bessa-T
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 09:04:49 -0500
M Mounts? Not necessarily yet. Given that Cosina has a big investment in the screw mount (LTM) lenses and bodies, it probably makes more sense to keep making them and selling LTM-to-M adapters. More flexibility, with only minor inconvenience.

What you need is a LTM-to-OM adapter to use the 12/5.6 or 15/4.5 on an OM body. The only problem is that since it's a rangefinder lens, there's no provision for an automatic diaphrahm, so it's going to be a bit dim at smaller apertures. Given how much it costs to get a custom adapter made (at least $200 and probably more), you'd be better off buying a Bessa-L body off Ebay. I see that there are two for sale right now for $150!

The 75mm/2.5 Color-Heliar Cosina SL lens is going to be made in an OM mount. Look here: http://www.cosina.co.jp/75sl/ and here http://www.cosina.com/slrCHeliar.htm. But it doesn't offer much over an 85/2, does it? I'd expect the 90/3.5 Apo-Lanthar to also be offered in the SL mount series: Canon FD, Nikon Ai-S, Minolta MD, Olympus OM, Pentax PK-A/R, Contax-Yashica CY, M42, EF, & MA (Anyone know what these last two are?).

You might want to also check out the new APO-LANTHAR 125 mm f/2,5 MACRO at http://www.cosina.com/125_Voigt.htm

The Cosina.com site says July 2000 for delivery of the 75/2.5 SL, but I can't find anyone who has it yet.

Skip