[OM] Question regardeing 35-70s

Subject: [OM] Question regardeing 35-70s
From: "Jim Caldwell" <jamesfc@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 20:03:29 -0500
I'm considering a 35-70 to round out my lens collection (I have a 70-210mm,
19mm, 200mm zuiko, a 28mm zuiko, and the standard 50's) - but was wondering
why the dramatic price difference between the 35-70 3.6 lens and the 35-70
f4.  It can't be the speed - that's only 1/3 of a stop.  Is the quality of
the f/3.6 really that much better?  What about the f3.5 4.5?

I know there are gurus out there on Mount Olympus who know the answers!

Jim Caldwell
Videomakers - we invite you to check out http://www.Specialty-Media.com
Join our Video discussion group!   also -  DC30 and Premiere Tips and Tricks
For your PC hardware and software needs -  check us at
http://www.handtech.com/specialtymedia