[OM] Report from London visit - rare Zuiko 90/2

Subject: [OM] Report from London visit - rare Zuiko 90/2
From: "Helge M Tonning" <kristin.helge@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 21:25:47 +0100
Hi List,

First I have to thank for all the good advise I received after my inquiry about
were to
hunt for Olympus equipment and what to see in London (UK) regarding my visit
2-6 March..
My Minitrekker was loaded, and I got up early in the morning, but  the weather
was bad, and
the program was busy (It was partly a business trip), so I didn't shoot as many
pictures as
I thought I would.

The camera shops at Tottenham Court Road had the highest prices on used Olympus
equipment I ever have seen :-(. However, I met a guy I have been in touch with
earlier
(via the net). He saved my trip. Up his sleeve he got a Zuiko 90/2 for sale,
and I just couldn't
resist. It looked LN, came with box and Styrofoam, and ruined my wallet....
However, the 90/2 has been through some kind of modification. It is equipped
with an extra
ring outside the mount, with a lever for operating the DOF button. The
craftsmanship looks
really nice, and  the modification looks like quite expensive handwork to me. I
have tried the
lens (without film) and during macro work it is really convenient to use the
lever to gain control
of the DOF, instead of pushing the DOF button all the time.

I have tried to shoot some pictures of the lens, but my skill with digital
cameras (Oly C-1400)
is rather average (or well below). I'm not king of cyberspace, and I don't have
a homepage.
In a hurry I have loaded three pictures here:
http://communities.msn.no/OlympusOM .
(sorry, but I have never done it before, so please bear with me...)

Anyone able to tell  the story about such a modification / feature? The seller
claimed it was
done by Olympus UK.
Is this another 10.000$ lens on ebay????  (I won't part anyway....)

Helge M Tonning