Re: [OM] Unusual Zuiko lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Unusual Zuiko lens
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 23:57:49 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, Skip Williams wrote:

> I was looking through some old literature that I have from 1974 and I
> noticed a version of the 135/4.5 Macro that I hadn't noticed before.  If
> you look on this page:
> http://www.skipwilliams.com/albums/om-lit/pages/Zuikos-1974.htm.  You'll
> see the unusual lens with the wide ribbed focusing ring.  I guess that it's
> mounted on a 25mm extension tube or something, since the Auto-tube wasn't
> invented yet.

A smaller version of that photo also appears in the 1976 OM-1 brochure.
I seem to recall seeing that style 135/4.5 in some other brochure, but I
can't seem to find it now.  I think the lens is identical to the 135/4.5
that we all know with the exception of the rubber ring.  The rubber ring
was the same style as used on the 75-150mm zoom ring.

One other unusual item that you'll find in early brochures is the M.AC Control
Box with provisions for *two* relay cords.  I guess it was originally
designed to run two motor drives in parallel.
                                        -mark